Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Memory....

Yesterday marked 19 years that my sister left this earth and it seems like yesterday! I couldn't imagine at the time making through a day without her and now it's been 19 years! She was my older sister and my mirror in so many ways. I now strive to honor her memory and make her proud of me! It's because of her that I learned to stitch and not a day goes by without me thinking of her sometimes several times a day! She was truly amazing in so many ways but I have written of her before on my blog and just wanted to remember her here at this time of year... I once heard that it takes a lot to get over a loss of this magnitude but I always felt that you never ever get over the loss you just learn to incorporate it into your life...I know I have and I know she'd be proud of the person I have become because quite honestly after she left I had to redefine myself in almost every way since my mirror was gone. There is a line from the book My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult that goes like this..."Without her it's hard to remember who I am" and that was me 19 years ago....and sometimes that feeling sneaks back up on me when I least expect it.........

No comments: